The Birthplace of Golf Program
July 20-July 28, 2017
July 18-July 27, 2018
St. Andrews, Scotland
U.S. Junior Tours Golf Experience is an American based first class educational and athletic travel program for golfers ages 10-18 that provides worldwide experiences including professional instruction, international competition, and cultural activities
Golfers from all countries ages 16-18 and ages 10-15 with participating adults may apply, USJT Family Member Program is available. International students are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The “Birthplace of Golf” is USJT’s most popular program.
St. Andrews is a living museum where interaction with its history is highly encouraged. The Links Trust encourages visitors to stand on the 1st tee of the Old Course where Old Tom Morris, Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, Seve Ballesteros, Jack Nicklaus, Tom Watson, Ernie Els, Rory McIlroy, and Tiger Woods, Rickey Dowler, and Jordan Spieth all have teed it up.
The Old Course, unmatched in tradition, is closed on Sunday so the community may enjoy a walk on the course and visitors may pose and snap an unlimited number of photos.
St. Andrews lies in the Kingdom of Fife, it is a quaint little village that has much to offer in culture, recreation, shopping, and dining. The University is renowned for its educational offerings and in 2005 graduated Prince William, heir to the British throne.
- Four competitions (friendly matches, competitive matches, or open competitions) versus Scottish Junior Programs
- Play on Andrews Links Trust Courses (Balgove, Strathtyrum, Eden, Jubilee, and New Courses) based upon availability
- Practice time at the famous St. Andrews Practice Centre
- Opportunity to ballot (daily lottery) for the Old Course
- Lunch at St. Andrews Golf Club overlooking the 18th fairway of The Old Course
- Luxury motor coach with professional driver
- Ground transportation from/to Edinburgh airport, to/from golf venues
- Single-room residence hall accommodations, private shower and bathroom facilities, linens, blankets, and daily towel service
- Daily cooked Scottish breakfast and either lunch or dinner
- 24 hour supervision by USJT staff
Accommodations for all students and staff will be at New Hall on the campus of the University of St. Andrews. This facility has been personally selected for comfort, safety, and proximity to instructional facilities and golf courses.
Each student will have single room en-suite accommodations with daily towel service. Daily breakfast and one meal are included..
24-hour supervision is provided by USJT staff.
The University of St. Andrews is the oldest university in Scotland, and third oldest university in the United Kingdom. Nestled in the city of St. Andrews, the university was founded in 1413 and boasts a lovely and charming setting. The city square is a mere five minute walk with access to shopping, historical attractions, and many ethnic restaurants.
Questions? Please contact the USJT office today!